Randstad. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Moving them forward. human forward.
Our clients' team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Let's talk about the role.
Remote Capabilities: 100% Remote
Clearance Required: None
Job Summary: Our client is seeking a Hadoop Administrator who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client's first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
location: New Orleans, Louisiana
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Hadoop Administrator will be responsible for installing and maintaining Big Data (Cloudera) clusters in highly available, load balanced configurations across multiple environments. The candidate must have a solid understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed performance.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Proven experience as an Admin on monitoring resource utilization and proactively identifying job performance and resource issues (network, disk usage, memory u sage, server-side limitation)
- Manage the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise the in the environment. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture/server/environments
- Test, verify, and install all Hadoop and Operating System patches and hot fixes adhering to the customer's approved Change Management procedures.
- Perform MapReduce Maintenance Tasks including adding or decommissioning a task tracker, killing MapReduce jobs and tasks as required, restarting blacklisted task Tracker, perform ongoing optimization and tuning, configure, maintain and perform data ingestion.
- Configure and perform data and system backup and recovery, troubleshoot, diagnose and implement fixes or changes to correct any issues.
- Produce reports related to the environment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.