Our client, a growing Financial Service firm is seeking an AWS Cloud Engineer to join the team and partner in the design, deployment, and automation of application services across the organization. This position will also partner to provision software and manage cloud infrastructure for continuous integration, automation, and proactive monitoring.
The Engineer will help plan for complex releases and service updates. Engineers are responsible for driving service improvement through metrics and analysis. There is a heavy investment on cloud services such as AWS and Azure being made. The SRE team is pivotal in the transition to this containerized, microservices environment. They will be responsible for developing best practices and templates that all teams can leverage. This role will be key for improving CI/CD automation and service deployment. In addition, they join their peers in Cloud Engineering in overall environment design and support.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS services such as VPC, EC2, ECS, ELB, S3, RDS, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with containerization, Docker or similar
- Solid knowledge with a scripting language, such as PowerShell, Python or Go
- Experience with modern application development practices such as CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with infrastructure as code software tools such as Terraform
- Experience with configuration management, Ansible a plus
- Practical experience building scalable cloud platforms for a large enterprise with a key drive towards developer velocity, autonomy and automation
- A security first mindset along with practical experience building secure applications in the cloud
- Forward thinking and strategic mindset to be able to recognize and connect patterns to both enhance and simplify cloud-based development
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts to team members
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills?with the ability to effectively collaborate with multiple teams and build partnerships across a variety of internal and external audiences
- Understanding of Agile project management tools, techniques and methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field preferred
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Maintain core services and automation for scalable management of AWS services
- Partner with development teams to design and evolve deployment systems and pipelines for reliability, security, and efficiency by leveraging on infrastructure as code
- Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities to drive the technology vision for a secure cloud platform
- Bring passion and curiosity, working with others to?foster ideas and produce creative solutions to difficult problems while making smart choices balancing design and delivery
- Gather and analyze metrics from different services to ensure and improve reliability and availability through proactive monitoring
- Identify, contain and mitigate business risk across all cloud environments
- Troubleshoot priority incidents
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.