Our Mid-Michigan Client has a Direct Hire opportunity for a Cloud Architect to join their team. This is a remote opportunity and will be responsible for the design, architecture and implementation of their Cloud environment. Ideal candidates will have experience working in a large scale enterprise environment and will be certified in AWS or Azure.
location: Lansing, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $98,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Accountable for adhering to corporate architecture standards, ensuring technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization, and contributing to corporate architecture strategy-setting.
- Participates in formulating solution estimates and work planning including determining appropriate task sequencing and identification of technical skill sets required.
- Builds consensus around principles of infrastructure architecture and interprets and clarifies these principles.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.
- Maintains operational, architectural, and design documentation including procedures, task lists, and blueprints.
- Evaluates strengths and flaws in infrastructure design including performance, quality, availability, simplicity of design, security, and total cost of ownership.
- Assists in the facilitation of project handoffs including preparing documentation, educating, and supporting to ensure smooth transitions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with IT and business area partners and provides consultation to the business teams.
- Troubleshoots, recommends, and executes action plans for issue resolution.
- Selects and designs tools that allow reuse of design components and patterns between projects.
- Continually works to enhance breadth and depth of knowledge and experience. Benchmarks technology strategies and architectures. Monitors and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs. Prepares benchmarking reports and presentations.
- Promotes implementation of new technology, solutions, and methods to improve business processes, efficiency, effectiveness, and value delivered to customers.
- Develops actual working solutions or prototypes based on their own designs and resolves any issues that arise.
- Stays updated on current technology trends and industry best practices.
- Provides technical leadership and works effectively with different teams including Product Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers.
- Fosters a healthy, collaborative and productive scrum team culture
- Works with other leads in a project setting to define and execute a software architecture that is sustainable, flexible, and scalable
- Leads key initiative design, highly capable to complete tasks both independently with minimal guidance and leading a team technically
- Exchanges information clearly and precisely, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions, and employing active listening techniques.
- Works with networks and understands internet security protocols. Analyze existing systems to ensure adequate security and business continuality.
- Works with web servers, application server administration, and web applications deployment.
- Routing and switching technologies including TCP, UDP, IP, BGP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, 802.x, WLAN, ISO models
- Create designs to support appropriate technology choices
- Create strategy for server & network technologies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.