We have a permanent, direct hire, 100% remote work-from-home position available for a Senior Cloud Engineer with a solid background in Azure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Azure (corresponding GCP or AWS experience is also acceptable for required qualifications)
- 4 years of proven experience in PaaS services such as Azure AppService, Azure Kubernetes services, AWS Bean Stalk, GCP App Engine etc.
- 2 years of proven experience with public cloud database services such as Azure SQL, Azure COSMOS DB, Dynamo DB, Firestore etc.
- 2 years of proven experience with public cloud Big Data tools such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data bricks, Azure Data Factory, Tensorflow, Data Proc etc.
- 3 years of experience with public cloud network infrastructure such as VNETs, subnets, Network Security Groups, route tables, VPC, DNS etc.
- 2 years of proven experience in public cloud security tools such as Azure AD, Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, Azure Policies, Identity Platform, Congnito etc.
- 2 years of proven in public cloud monitoring tools such as Azure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Network watcher, Network Intelligence center, VPC Flow Logs etc.
- 2 years of proven experience working with multiple Subscriptions/Accounts (in 100s) within an Enterprise Agreement.
- Experience in designing and implementing applications using PaaS Services in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience deploying cloud resources from DevOps pipelines.
- Hands-on experience writing Terraform.
- Hands-on experience writing cloud resource and security policies
- Hands-on experience writing scripts in PowerShell or Azure CLI or respective CLI for the cloud provider
- Hands-on experience migrating applications to the cloud
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email
- AZ 301/304 and AZ 300/303 Azure Architect Certifications.
- Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git, Azure DevOps).
- Hands-on experience with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure connecting to Azure (Express Route, Site-to -Site VPN).
- Experience with Containers and Container orchestration solutions: Kubernetes, AKS and Docker Swarm
- Expertise in Azure SQL Server, Cosmos DB and MongoDB.
- Experience with Prisma Cloud or other 3rd Azure Security tools.
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
location: LAKELAND, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide leadership and oversight with your solidunderstanding of Cloud services, DevOps/ DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Define and drive automation of Cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, self-service, Infrastructure-as-Code services, Auto Scale initiatives, and DevOps deployment and drive cloud strategy to move towards PaaS, and SaaS models.
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies.
- Develop security baselines and standards for Azure resources including Network access, Restriction of internet-facing resource provision, and configuration within the Azure environment.
- Define and develop architectural standards that promote DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure.
- Work with application teams with their digital transformation goals and provide Azure resource deployment orchestration, automation, security, and configuration expertise.
- Work with applications team to draft and institutionalize cloud security standards, reference architecture's, patterns, and guidelines for both cloud-native development and migrations.
- Lead and implement all aspects of a cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects, and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise.
- Develop, maintain, and drive a continuous improvement culture within Cloud Center of Excellence team and its partners.
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.