- 10+ years of overall experience in IT including, with hands-on Development and Systems engineering background
- robust Leadership experience with driving Transformation initiatives
- Experience with migration from Unix Aix to RHEL/Tomcat Transformation efforts
- 3-5 years of experience in a Site Reliability Engineering role
- Experience with SRE principles and transformation
- Solid understanding of Software coding techniques and experience with full spectrum of Software engineering (Build, Integration, Test, Releasing and Deployment) leveraging Python.
- Experience in Developing and/or challenging engineering solutions/practices and collaborating with peers within and outside of immediate team, including customers (Dev, Architects, Engineers)
- Platform Engineering Lead with Hands-on Experience:
- Building robust Middleware Environments
- Scripting and process Automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Java/J2EE methodology and frameworks is strongly preferred
- Extensive RHEL and Scripting experience is Required
- Extensive knowledge of Tomcat is Required
- Knowledge of WAS OR MQ Series is Nice to have
- Ability to analyze and trouble-shoot Mid-tier/infrastructure issues.
- Very robust verbal and written communication skills (Critical)
- Ability to facilitate technical requirements gathering and design sessions
- Collaborate and interpret business and technical needs
- Excellent attention to detail and deliver quality work products (Critical)
- robust Customer service skills with internal and external customers (Critical)
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks independently with minimum supervision (Critical)
- robust analytical and documentation skills
- Excellent time management ability (Critical)
Requirements: skills are required in each of the following areas:
Development: Experience programming with one or more languages: Python, Java ,Groovy, Go, etc.
IAC Tools for Platform Automation: robust skills and experience in: Ansible, Terraform, Yaml, Rhel, Tomcat is Nice to Have
Containers: Docker or other OCI-certified containers is Nice to Have
DevOps Tools: Git/bitbucket, Jira, Ansible/Puppet, Jenkins/Circleci/Bamboo, Maven/Artifactory/Nexus, etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Native Architecture
- Linux, Shell scripting, and general admin skills
- Network, Security, Plugins, & Storage Skills
- AWS skills: EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, IAM, VPC, Lambda etc.
- Experience with DEVOPS or IAAS
- EIAM (Identity Access Management)
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $62.11 - 72.11 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Communicates Architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies, while highlighting short-term trade-off's vs. long-term commitments and costs
- Engage in and improve the end to end Lifecycle of services, starting from Inception & design, deployment, operations, and refinement
- Support activities, including System design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Systems Scalability and sustainability leveraging automation and strive to improve our systems with changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Experience with Enterprise Cloud transformation efforts
-Be part of our Cloud journey and as a member of our team help lead Software automation and reliability for our platform
-Actively participate and help guide customers on using Cloud-native design and architecture patterns.
- Provide Consultation on Technology infrastructure planning and engineering for assigned systems; Assesses the implications of technology strategies on infrastructure capabilities
- Build and Execute strategy to migrate Legacy applications from AIX/WAS to RHEL/Tomcat
-Research on the global technology trends and their applicability to FEPOC products in support of our internal development teams and business.
- Promote and ensure Modern application design, applies engineering best practices in the development and operations life cycle and mitigates vulnerabilities.
- Monitors and manages the Stability, Availability, and Performance of enterprise systems and platforms across IT domains (e.g., Systems, Network, Storage, Security) by analyzing systems to identify problems, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and continually improve (patch and upgrade) our Cloud-based infrastructure.
- Makes Data-driven recommendations and decisions, and continuously improves the overall efficacy and efficiency of our software delivery capability.
- Mentoring peers as well as engaging with others across teams and socializing solutions.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.