Summary: The main function of a technical help desk specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
Job Responsibilities: Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity. May install software or perform hardware testing remotely. Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors. Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities. Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time. Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software. Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
Education/Experience: Associate's degree in computer related field or equivalent training required. 0-2 years experience required.
Walk me through the day to day responsibilities of this the role and a description of the project (Outside of Workday JD):
- Provides IT support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems on a limited basis. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Handles computer equipment through all stages of its lifecycle.
- Develops a strong understanding of the business and can relate problems to business impacts.
- Understands how to triage and prioritize issues and will escalate problems to management.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects and improvement initiatives.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call.
- Processes and handles requests and orders for computer equipment throughout the lifecycle of the equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required 1+ year of experience in an IT Service Desk level 1 role (in a Windows network environment), maintaining and diagnosing client workstations, services, applications, and printers.
- Required Other Experience in no less than two of the following is required: -Windows OS -Basic Windows networks -Basic Exchange server -Citrix -Working in a Help Desk Environment -Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Manage basic IT process documentation. Must be able to document work and/or incidents using standard formats. Documentation must be grammatically correct, factually accurate, and appropriate to the target audience.
- Intermediate Other Provide Service Desk phone and email support as required. Resolve issues by phone or email if possible. Record all Service Desk incidents/requests in the ITSM tracking system.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to communicate technical information to management for review and approval both verbally and in writing.
- Intermediate Other Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and adhere to policies and standards.
- Intermediate Other Install, maintain, and configure desktop and laptop computer hardware, software, and peripherals, including researching vendor documentation to resolve problems
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
Required A High School or GED
Preferred An Associate's Degree in a related field or graduate from a technical school in information systems or information technology or related field.
Preferred A Bachelor's Degree in a related field will be considered in lieu of work experience
- Preferred Other At least one of the following certifications is preferred - more than one certification or advanced certifications are a plus: -A+ -Network + -Citrix CCA -MCSA 2000 or 2003 -CCNA or CCDA -Basic Unix Administration -CompTIA
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $16.92 - 19.04 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity. May install software or perform hardware testing remotely. Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors. Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities. Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.