- 7+ years of experience in SQL Server administration and development (SQL Server 2012 - SQL Server 2019)
- Demonstrated experience configuring and administering SQL Server platform components including:SSAS, SSIS and CDC (change data capture),
- Hands on experience configuring and administering SQL Server replication.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to apply them under pressure
- strong experience in logical/physical database designs and T-SQL development of complex stored procedures
- Knowledge of cloud platform services for ETL/ETL such as Azure Data Factory and Logic Apps
- Experience with administering and using SQL monitoring tools, such as Spotlight
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies to existing environment
- Ability to perform work with minimal guidance from the other team members
- Willingness to communicate and work with business users and understand their requirements
location: Manhattan, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 95 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide support for all SQL Servers, including backup and recovery, database maintenance, health and performance monitoring, and troubleshoot database related issues
- Perform SQL server platform administration tasks such as installation and configuration, upgrades, and patching, database security and user management.
- Apply data modeling techniques and generate custom ETL flows using SQL Server Change Data Capture (CDC), SSIS and custom stored procedures.
- Setup and manage database high-availability technologies, including transactional replication, Always-On availability group, and log shipping
- Configure and manage SQL jobs using SQL Agent, ActiveBatch, and proprietary DW based job systems
- Design, develop, monitor, and performance tune database tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Leverage T-SQL and other data querying tools to assist end-users with data analytics
- Performance tuning and optimization for T-SQL queries, stored procedures, SSIS packages, SQL Server and database configurations
- Provide support and guidance to other software developers and team members on SQL tools, techniques, and best practices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.