Amway is hiring for a Sr. Data Scientist! Location: Ada, MI/ Buena Park, CA (or remote in MI, CO, CA, TX, NC, NJ, IL, WA, NY, GA)
location: Ada, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 123,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We need a Senior Data Scientist with experience in predictive modeling and machine learning to help enable and optimize value creation and insights for our Data Platforms Analytics group. We are looking for a high energy Data Scientist who is ready to support our global team.
What's special about this team:
The Data Platforms Analytics group provides the organization with high quality, innovative data solutions in a focused, fast, and fun atmosphere. The team is seeking a Data Scientist who can analyze and interpret complex data and extract and discover knowledge that will power data-driven analytics capabilities throughout the entire organization. This newly created role will report to the Manager of Data Science.
What's special about this role:
As a member of the Data Science team, you will work on high profile projects that will drive key strategic decisions in an objective and agile manner. You will help the team continue to advance the machine learning ecosystem and will be responsible for drawing insights from large, multi-sourced data sets.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for building data science models to improve Amway's Business Owners (ABO) experience, recommend next best move and create forecasting models to predict revenue and identify leading indicators. You will evaluate and experiment with opportunities to incorporate artificial intelligence and machine learning into Amway's incentives, social marketing and training programs.
If you are excited by the prospect of optimizing our next generation of advanced analytics capabilities, which in-turn translates to implementing strategic enhancements to maintain our competitive edge in the industry, this may be the opportunity for you.
- 6 years of statistical data analysis experience in Data Science using various modeling techniques to complete data mining analysis and insights generation
- Experience performing data manipulation, machine learning model development, model tuning & deployment with Python, SQL & R languages and big data processing with pySpark over distributed cluster
- Demonstrated experience using various machine learning techniques, algorithms, and frameworks including Regression Analysis, Gradient Boosting including Light GBM and XGBoost, clustering, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and explainable ML with SHAP values
- Experience with classical forecasting methods - ARIMA, ETS, Prophet and ML based models - RNN, LSTM
- Experience with cloud platform preferably with Google cloud and its AI platform and databases.
- BS/BA in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistical Science, or Information Sciences. A Master's in Data Science or Applied Data Science is a plus
- Effectively communicating and presenting complex technical data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products
- Continuously seeking and sharing new developments, advancements, and knowledge in relevant fields
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.