The Process Engineer will be responsible for completing advanced engineering projects with peer input and guidance from engineering management to increase yield, maximize capacity, reduce costs, and decrease process variability, while maintaining regulatory compliance. The Process Engineer will be a specialist on complex technical and business matters. They will work in a highly independent environment but may assume a team lead role for the work group.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyzes, plans, organizes and completes projects of a very complex nature.
- Consolidates results of design elements of major projects for purpose of design review.
- Integrates subsystems and components in total systems design.
- Develops specifications from customer requirements.
- Receives general project direction and is responsible for project progress.
- Delivers communications tailored to the needs of the receiver (managers, peers, customers) with appropriate frequency to maximize its utility and promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Manages training new/current employees with respect to documentation, use of equipment, laboratory techniques and department procedures.
- May routinely monitor or supervise the work of one or more employees.
- Provides input on performance evaluations to area manager.
- Identifies opportunities, develops insights, stimulates new ideas, and implements process improvements in collaboration with manufacturing, engineering, other essential internal partners, and external partners including vendors and project contract support.
- Assists with technically challenging process deviations and their resolution.
- Provides direct support to all commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing and support operations by supplying direct technical expertise and advanced statistical concepts e.g. DOE with focus on process capability and reliability.
- Provide direct project management support including planning, securing funding, technical support to Validation Coordinator, and oversight and guidance to project support organizations.
- Participate in start-up efforts of new equipment, software, or processes.
- Implement changes using GMP change control and validation processes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Masters (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.