Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Senior Application Support Engineer to work in the FCAT (Fidelity's Center for Applied Technology) MMK/WLK/BOS/NC.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be part of our Green Pier Brokerage Production Support team. In addition to strong technical competency, the position requires the ability to effectively work with a geographically diverse team, build and leverage client and vendor relationships, and provide innovative thought leadership.
The Senior/Principal Application Support Engineer will be responsible for Production support of Brokerage applications on the cloud.
Our ever-evolving technology stack ensures a phenomenal learning culture in the team. You will be encouraged to quickly gain understanding of all the components of our applications and will work with the team to deliver outstanding solutions. We are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. This team has a direct and positive impact on Green Pier's customers.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 8+ years of application development experience with strong proven understanding of Java/Spring MVC, Node JS, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Angular
- Extensive experience in microservices architecture & development using AWS technologies
- Extensive experience in performance tuning, monitoring, solving application issues in a cloud EKS infrastructure
- Hands on experience designing and building AWS applications using HA and DR standard methodologies
- Extensive experience with setting up alerting and monitoring in a cloud environment
- Experience handling On-call production support, Change and Incident Management for critical systems
- Experience working in a DevOps and CI/CD environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and support new technologies on the cloud
- strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Brokerage back-office systems knowledge would be a plus
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage your time, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Proven ability to improve support processes and customer experience
- Demonstrated technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.