Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer to work in the FCAT (Fidelity's Center for Applied Technology) MMK/WLK/BOS/NC.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be part of our Green Pier Brokerage Infrastructure Support team. In this role, you will be responsible for System Administration and Production Support. In addition to strong technical competency, the position requires the ability to effectively work with a geographically diverse team, build and leverage client and vendor relationships, and provide innovative thought leadership.
The Principal Support Engineer will be responsible for support of the Full-stack Brokerage Infrastructure including Middleware, Message bus, Databases, and other infrastructure components on the cloud.
Our ever-evolving technology stack ensures a phenomenal learning culture in the team. You will be encouraged to quickly gain understanding of all the components of our applications and will work with the team to deliver outstanding solutions. We are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. This team has a direct and positive impact on Green Pier's customers.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 8+ years of experience in Production support and services in the financial services industry
- Expertise in System administration and Production support of Confluent Kafka and IBM MQ on AWS
- Extensive experience working on AWS cloud environment
- Extensive experience in Change, Incident and Problem Management
- Exposure to handling On-call production support across varied Infrastructure components like EKS, Database technologies like MongoDB, MariaDB and caching solutions like Redis on AWS would be a plus
- Experience in capacity planning /forecasting and HA/DR configuration for various infrastructure components on AWS
- Experience in building and deploying CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins Core and Terraform
- Experience in monitoring and alerting using CloudWatch, Datadog
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and support new technologies on the cloud
- strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Able to understand a complex and global systems environment
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and Agile Methodology
- Brokerage systems knowledge
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage your time, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Proven ability to improve support processes and customer experience
- Demonstrated technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.