Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Richardson, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Define, engineer, and resolve network capacity requirements for Intelligent Edge, long haul and metro transport
network utilizing high capacity next generation lightwave and wave division multiplexing technologies to meet network
services capacity, vulnerability, diversity and growth requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications
required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate
management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
- Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
- Order all spares required based on sparing plan or directed by capacity management.
- Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE) to reflect new builds, adds,
Bachelor's degree in engineering, networking, computer, telecommunications or equivalent job-related experience, 3-5 years progressive, technical experience required.
Experience in Engineering and/or Installation and Testing in one (or more) of the following Transport technologies:
- Ciena, Nortel, Fujitsu, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, and Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) equipment platforms
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suites and drawing complex system diagrams using CAD-based software is preferred.
- Teamwork: Candidate must be able to work well with others (as a team) and individually (on your own projects) with a
- Communication Skills: A good verbal/written communication skills are required for this job.
- Project Management: Candidate will be working on several projects at a time and good project/ time management are
required for this job.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.