Our client, a growing Financial Serves firm in NY is looking for a Mac Desktop Engineer to join the team. You will be responsible for providing strategic road maps for the desktop computing environment. This role handles researching and implementing new technologies, owning and maintaining the desktop environment and acting as Third level support. The team supports global offices and handles project work that encompass all sites as well as frequent interaction with IT staff in offices globally.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant technical background and hands-on experience with MacOS and Knowledge of Low-level debugging and troubleshooting Macs
- Familiarity with all recent releases of MacOS (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey) features, patching, upgrades, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with using and administrating Profiles and Policies via JAMF Pro
- Experience working with Terminal and creating /modifying Bash, Python, and AppleScript scripts to achieve automation and endpoint configuration.
- Good knowledge/understanding of Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, 802.1x, etc.)
- Experience working with application development teams and supporting common dev applications (Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ, XCode etc..)
- Knowledge of PKI, certificate deployment via SCEP
- Experience with Security workflows including FileVault, Activation Lock and restrictions.
- Experience with a ticketing system.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes.
- Development of test cases/procedures and training documentation.
- Solid problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to work in a team environment or as an individual contributor.
- Must be well versed in dealing with staff that is both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to organize and work on multiple projects concurrently, often under strict time constraints.
location: NEW YORK, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Mac Desktop Engineer will possess system knowledge in the areas of MacOS Imaging, Patching, System Certificates, and Active Directory authentication using Enterprise Connect, AzureAD SSO, and CIS security hardening guidelines to effectively support and grow these technologies
- Implementation, maintenance, administration, and configuration of the enterprise Jamf Pro cloud environment
- Design, test, and build common application installation scripts and packages for deployment of internal and third-party applications to macOS endpoints
- Testing and deploying OS upgrades, OS patches and application patches globally
- Performs log collection and analysis, working with vendors' support engineers as needed, to diagnose issues and recommend resolutions.
- Help smooth onboarding and off boarding experience / continue to improve new hire processes
- Analyze, understand, identify technical problems, and document appropriate solution. Actively pursue mechanisms from preventing issues re-occurring and use automation where possible
- Create Mac compliance reports using both built-in Jamf reporting and Jamf API technologies
- Assist other IT departments in project deployments when required.
- Produce documentation for Desktop Engineering, Service Desk and End users
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.