We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer - Java/Scala to work in the Health Care Group in Durham, NC.
As a member of the Health Savings Account (HSA) Technology team, you will play a meaningful role in design, development and testing of the HSA capabilities. You will be working closely with rest of the engineering team and product owner to build world class HSA technology solutions to support Healthcare Business Group.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience, including experience building REST APIs and microservices.
- Demonstrable experience in development of API solutions in the Azure Cloud
- Backend database experience with PostgreSQL preferred
- Deep understanding of test automation for unit, functional and non-functional testing a plus
- Solid understanding of the enterprise software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing
- API design and development knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of Scala/Java 11 and Linux is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Swagger Hub, and SonarQube
- Solid grasp of ORM tools like Hibernate or Squeryl
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative Agile development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and participate in critical design and implementation discussions
- Solid understanding of DevOps, Cloud Computing and automated testing
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Value You Deliver
- Build and support highly visible customer facing application and deliver outstanding customer experience
- Solid sense of ownership on tasks assigned and support team members if required for completion of all accepted sprint work
- Partnering with technical lead and constantly looking out for opportunities to improve development agility and efficiency
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.