Our Washington DC Client is seeking a Deskside Support Technician for a long term contract opportunity. Candidates should have 1-3 years of Deskside Support experience and be availble to work onsite 100% of the time. Candidates should have an excellent customer service mindset and enjoy assisting users with various technical issues.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $23.50 - 25.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Be the primary point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software, and communications support for the department
- Work closely with other IT support elements (such as ITS IT Client Services, IT Service Desk, and Mobile Kiosk)
- Provide IT training for staff members, particularly for newly hired staff
- Administer client information security standards, including requesting IT accounts (Windows), SecurIDs, and remote connectivity accounts (as applicable)
-- Follow up on all fixes and repairs on IT products in the department
- Setup video-conference, audio-visual equipment, and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences
- Train laptop users in remote access systems, such as SSL VPN, Fiberlink, and Webmail and Notes replication
- Disseminate IT information to departmental staff
- Assist in departmental moves of IT hardware and communications
- Adhere, advise, and enforce the technology standard requirements and procedures
- Assist staff in procurement of cell phones
- Ensure that the integrity and security of Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation
- Collect feedback on IT services from clients, utilizing surveys and 'Expos'
- Use the 'ServiceNow call tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.