We are looking for a Sr. Staff Technical Lighting Artist for a Gaming Client of ours. This candidate needs to be highly proficient in the use of 3D software to light environment and cinematic scenes. They also need to be highly proficient in Python. Some knowledge of Qt and C++ is a plus. Please reach out if this role is a right fit for you.
location: FOSTER CITY, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $99,000 - 148,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Contribute to the development of lighting tools and processes that help achieve a product's visual style and encourage artistic technical evolution within the studio.
- Creates lighting setups, tools, shaders, and workflows as needed to increase the lighting team's efficiency and work quality.
- Develop efficient lighting solutions that fit within the technical constraints of the game.
- Fix lighting bugs and implement root cause solutions.
- Follow creative direction to implement high quality lighting that fits the visual style of our game.
- Keeps aware of industry trends and technical techniques, evaluates competitive products, and determines areas we can improve or innovate, communicates innovations in a convincing way, and collaborates with the leadership team to develop plans for implementation.
- Provides input on the technical methods to achieve the artistic goals and vision.
- Serves as a technical resource for all phases of production and other studio art needs. This includes, but is not limited to conducting general research, developing cutting-edge tools and techniques, and testing new systems or tools. Providing training, transmitting industry related information, and conveying concerns in a constructive way by providing solutions to those concerns.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.