- Minimum 5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, testing and maintaining Cisco network switches in a corporate environment.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, WINS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP/S networking and protocols.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in firewall and VPN technologies.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in designing and troubleshooting wireless technologies.
- Minimum 3 years' experience designing and building WAN and Internet connectivity.
- Experienced in monitoring network and communications performance.
- Experience working with open-source applications and tools
- Experience working with open source and virtual networking technologies
- Experience working with high performance 1/10/40GbE switches such as Force 10. Cisco
- Experience with network protocol and communication design and optimization.
- A multi-tasker with a keen eye for detail
- Analytical, problem-solving skills and willingness to investigate complex problems
- Strategic thinking skills to handle both the big picture and crucial decisions
- Ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Ability to work very well cross-functionally, to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs when required
- Sustain learning and knowledge sharing culture in the organization and aim at achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $43.50 - 54.38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Design and implement infrastructure improvements to ensure optimal network and application performance and scalability
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with systems architects on network optimization.
- Provide IT team members and support representatives with technical support and guidance.
- Utilize a trouble-ticket system and other ancillary services to help assist in the efficient delivery of services.
- Secure network and communication systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting on network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Interface with IT team to ensure all system requirements are clearly defined, implemented and tested.
- Build effective working relationships with team members.
- Provides knowledge transfer to other IT team members, writing documentation as required.
- Other plan driven duties and/or responsibility as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Availability after hours in the case of emergency and escalated system support issues.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.