We are a professional services firm dedicated to building human connections that catalyze business change. In a time of record digital transformation, we are a consulting practice where client and consultant are more than counterparts in a business equation; they are bonded collaborators.
With a global footprint and experience across many disciplines including Business Strategy and Transformation, Accounting and Finance, Risk and Compliance, Technology and Digital, we help companies solve their most pressing business challenges, by putting people first. For the last two decades, we have built trusted relationships where knowledge sharing, confidence and shared commitment prosper. Our client's trust us to get the internal work done, while building their capabilities to change and operate in brand new ways. Human chemistry defines our business and it enables our clients to make macro changes through microbursts of impact.
Founded in 1996 within a Big 4 firm and today we are a publicly traded company. Our 3,000+ professionals, from more than 60 practice offices, serve over 2,100 clients in 66 countries. We have been recognized on multiple occasions by Forbes as one of the 100 Most Trustworthy Companies.
We are looking for a highly motivated and resourceful individual to join a small "startup" environment within a larger, well-established corporation. We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer that can contribute their expertise in building a transformative solution that will revolutionize the way consulting firms execute. This individual's primary focus will be the daily QA automation activities that will support ensuring quality and risk mitigation for an enterprise application.
location: NEW YORK, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing QA automation efforts with the mindset of reducing Risk and ensuring quality
- Writing detailed and well-structured automation scripts and code. Not just for the sake of having documentation and lines of code but to also communicate the automation effort
- Reviewing requirements in an agile environment to provide timely and well-thought-out feedback
- Collaborating with various internal resources (developers, product managers) to identify automation possibilities
- Working with the QA manager to translate business requirements, functional needs and user stories into automated scripts and effort.
- Working with the QA manager to determine proper paths of automation to follow to fulfill immediate needs but to also provide the right automation direction for the future
- Improving domain knowledge daily
- Identifying, documenting, and tracking areas for automation improvement
- Participating in daily scrum events and other regular agile activities
- Participating in manual UI/API testing as needed
Requirements of the Role
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or related field from an accredited university
- 2+ years of formal experience in testing (white box and black box) to support manual and automated efforts within an
- Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of formal experience in automation at a UI framework implementation level. Preferably with the following stack (Java, TestNG, Maven, Selenium, Selenium Grid, Page Object Models)
- Proven expertise in utilizing best-practices in determining what to automate
- Ability to collaborate with various internal resources (developers, product managers) to identify areas for automation
- Fluent with interacting with elements (X-path, CSS, etc)
- Interest in new testing tools and techniques
- Experience with implementation of automation within DevOps/pipelines
- Experience with performance and/or security automation will be a bonus
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum practices and teams
- Well versed with testing and automation of APIs utilizing tools such as SoapUI, Postman or libraries such as Rest -Assured.
- Experience with component testing and automation in a multi-layered product will be a bonus
- Azure and Kubernetes exposure is desired
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.