Our client, a major insurance organization in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, is in need of a REMOTE Service Desk professional for their global team. This person can sit anywhere in the country. The ideal candidate will have exprience troubleshooting, breakfixing and a number of other technical support issues remote/telhonically .
location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 25 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
Responsible for basic-to-intermediate PC software and/or hardware systems support, primarily via telephone with additional e-mail and self-service activities as needed.
- May require an associate degree or its equivalent of 2 or more years related professional experience
- Ability to follow well defined processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage stressful periods and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete assigned tasks
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist team members with fluctuating workload
- Must be excellent in customer service delivery abilities
- 2 or more years of experience in the following technologies, not limited to but preferred: Call Center/Service Desk Practice; Microsoft SCCM, Active Directory, Cisco IP Phone Solutions; Printing Solutions
- Windows 7 proficiency
- Exudes professionalism when interacting with all levels of an organization
- Analyze data, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions
- Experience in IT operations and process management
- Ability to translate technical information into business language
- Knowledge and understanding of ticketing applications and workflow (Remedy preferred)
- Demonstrates abilities to troubleshoot and isolate problems between networks, hardware, and other applications
- Receive telephone calls from end users having problems using computer software and/or hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, hardware, or operating systems. Escalate all unresolved calls to higher support levels.
- Determines root cause and provides accurate, creative, and timely solutions to ensure end-user productivity. Provides a basic level of hardware troubleshooting, repair and installation on specified products to end-users.
- World Class customer service in all activities facing end users and team members
- Communicate effectively via documentation, telephone, and e-mail; and with customers and peers in varying roles.
- Diligently follows standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately logs all service desk contacts using the Incident Management tracking software
- Flexibility to backfill for peers when coverage is needed. Including holidays, weekends etc.
- Informs leadership, customer, and other service desk analysts of problems and progress. Participates in projects that enhance efficiency of end user services.
- Adapting to constantly changing call volume and remain productive during idle time
- Multitask during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Attends training sessions and assists in cross training in order to acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant software, hardware, product offerings and support policies at the PC Help Desk.
- Prioritization derived from end user and business scenarios
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively via documentation, telephone, and e-mail; and with customers and peers in varying roles. Good problem-solving skills and organizational skills; and an understanding of process.
- Reference, contribution, and submissions related to the service desk knowledgebase
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain various IT Network resources/devices for end users such as IP Cisco Phone, Verba Recording Software, and Aruba Remote Devices
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.