- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Extensive software engineering background with proficiency in developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
- Well versed in Java development, particularly standard Java application frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate
- Experienced in Kubernetes, AWS, Docker technologies
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large distributed systems with microservices.
- Experience in a technical leadership role across all stacks (front-end and back-end).
- Experience working in Data Engineering tools such as Kafka, NOSQL Databases, in-memory datastore such as redis, ignite.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Native and Microservices fundamentals.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- Experience with versioning systems (such as Git), build tools (such as Maven, Jenkins).
- Experience with Agile methodologies and JIRA.
- Expertise in authoring, reviewing, and presenting technical documentation including technical requirements documents, architecture diagrams, and sequence/flow diagrams.
- Proficiency in software design and in mentoring and reviewing the designs and code of others.
- Ability to work well as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Requirements analysis, solution architecture and design
- Leading development, implementation, maintenance, and testing support of could web and service applications on the Platform
- Assist in integration of the applications with the client's IT systems and 3'rd party services
- Lead architecture and design of cloud-enabled products, weighing both technical and business factors, as well as the trade-offs between immediate needs and a long-term vision for an elegant and maintainable design.
- Empower distributed and remote development teams with framework implementations, knowledge sharing, and sustainable practices.
- Support the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns for the development organization.
- Troubleshoot critical issues that may involve many systems in a distributed architecture.
- Help drive complex technical projects from planning through execution.
- Nurture engineers to think with architecture and design best practices in mind, including aspects such as performance, scalability, maintainability, and security.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools. Develop strategies to realize significant cost savings with reusability and solve issues of software quality.
- Partner with other architects and engineering leadership to collaborate, design and validate appropriate engineering solutions and proof of concepts
- Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.