We are seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst/Modeler to join our Data Solutions Center of Excellence. As a skilled analyst, you will provide data analysis leadership on multiple projects simultaneously. You will help conduct data analysis across different projects with diverse scope, sophisticated business and technical requirements in a multi-platform and highly coordinated data environment. This role is analysis and design centric; crafting and detailing data solutions/models, which are then handed to developers, engineers, and DBAs to implement.
location: Merrimack, New Hampshire
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) with a focus on data analysis, data structures, or data modeling.
- Expert level analysis skills in the form of research, gap analysis, data mining, and data profiling.
- Solid understanding of data lineage. Ability to breakdown and detail the flow of data from origination to consumption.
- Proven track record of solving real world problems using a design-oriented modeling approach in large data warehouses, data marts, and analytics/reporting platforms.
- Understanding of different database platforms (e.g. Oracle, Snowflake, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server) usages (OLTP Recordkeeping, ODS, MDM, Warehousing, and Data Lakes).
- Understanding of modeling strategies (dimensional, relational, unstructured).
- Robust SQL experience, used to design new platforms on cloud technologies/architecture including Snowflake, AWS, etc.
- Proficient with ERD/Data Modeling tools (e.g. SAP Power Designer or Erwin).
- Experience carrying out projects in an Agile environment.
- Having outstanding interpersonal skills with experience collaborating and influencing across all levels of the organization including written, verbal, and technology illustrations.
- Perform autonomously on tasks but are willing and able to share knowledge with coworkers and partners.
- Go-getter, self-sufficient, and willing to exhaust all research avenues before seeking help or discontinuing the search for answers.
- Accepts uncertainty and can combine various sources of information including personal data experimentation, research, and dialogues to formulate answers.
- Values pace over perfection and can show incremental progress of analysis and research through tangible artifacts.
- Capable of balancing multiple contending priorities.
- Familiar with the financial industry and/or have a strong desire to learn our brokerage business to enhance the value of our data.
- Experience with cloud native data warehousing and data lake solutions using Snowflake is a plus.
- Experience with Kimball Data Warehouse design techniques.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.