5-8 Years Experience
* BS Degree in Information Management or a related field, with 3-5 years related experience and/or training in a routed network environment, multi-platform environment.
* Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of certification, however, this experience and skill level must be clearly demonstrated.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $51 - 61 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
* Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet the functional objectives of the business.
* Involved with the network infrastructure, and the planning and design of enterprise local-area/wide-area network (LAN/WAN) solutions.
* Development, administration and maintenance of LAN and WAN infrastructure, ensuring 99.95% minimum availability.
* Primary responsibilities include support of current data network transport services. Includes routine maintenance, software and hardware upgrades, monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Optimizes performance and adapts network design due to physical alterations and traffic requirements. Ensures resiliency is implemented at crucial points in the network to guarantee maximum availability. Research, design and implement new network related initiatives. Includes mandates from business areas, enterprise driven projects, relocation of personnel and installations of new enterprise sites. Work along with other network engineers and IT areas on day-to-day tasks and projects. May be required to work on disaster recovery/business resumption initiatives.
* Research, engineer, and implement new technology and tools to increase productivity, performance and efficiency. This includes utilizing the Client lab facilities to thoroughly test all new network applications and future technologies
* Develop and maintain network documentation, policies, procedures and configuration information.
* Maintain data problem management procedures, network documentation, policies, and configuration information.
* Maintain network documentation, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate security and audit regulations.
* Provide technology-consulting services to customers, translating their business needs to network-based solutions.
* Project planning and coordination; and as required, assumption of project roles for projects.
* Utilize project management tools to track and report on project progress and issues.
* Research current technology through self-training. Provide instruction to peers and staff on technology changes and guide less experienced staff to ensure consistency and compliance to departmental standards and policies. Serve as consultative resource to other I/T staff by assisting in data network problem resolution, assisting with system design and integration, and recommending alternative techniques and providing training.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.