- Engineering graduate in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing SQL statements
- Experience with Data warehousing services preferably Snowflake
- 5+ years of experience working on commercially available software and / or healthcare platforms as a Data Engineer.
- Subject matter expert on Cloud technologies preferably Azure and Big Data ecosystem.
- Should have 3-4 years of experience designing and building Enterprise Data solutions on cloud.
- 1-2 years of experience developing solutions hosted within public cloud providers such as Azure or AWS or private cloud/container based systems using Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / SAFE, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- Experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirement
- Experience building Big Data solutions on public cloud (Azure)
- Experience building data pipelines on Azure with skills Databricks spark, scala, Azure Data factory, Kafka and Kafka Streams, App services, Az Functions.
- Experience developing RESTful Services in .NET, Java or any other language
- Experience with DevOps in Data engineering.
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Ability to establish repeatable processes, best practices and implement version control software in a Cloud team environment
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $57.50 - 71.88 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Provide technical leadership in architecture, design and engineering in modernization of legacy Data Ingestion, ETL and Database to new technologies in the Public Cloud (Azure), Big Data and API Space
- Solve the hard problems with the team, including setting patterns and practices and building frameworks. Heavy hands on code and build. Lead the technology transformation from our legacy Data and Analytic platforms to a Big Data Cloud based Modern Software paradigm.
- Understands security threats and patterns comprehensively and ensures adherence to all regulatory initiatives. HIPPA, PHI, PII, locational data restrictions, contractual etc.
- Demonstrate leadership in the context of software engineering and be an evangelist for engineering best practices
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry evaluating emerging software technologies
- Work collaboratively with all business areas to assess unmet/new business needs and solutions
- Encourage the growth of junior engineers on the team through skills development, mentoring and technical guidance
- Create a startup mentality to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams
- Avid supporter of the Open Source software community
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills
- Display a desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.