Our client seeks a Senior Healthcare Analyst to work as part of a small team focused on developing business intelligence capabilities to support our client's members. The Senior Analyst brings advanced data analytics skills and experience, and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization in support of utilization management, community health, advocacy, and quality and patient safety measurement and analysis needs. This is a unique opportunity for an intellectually curious individual to participate in expanding existing and developing new data sources and to help lead the advancement of our clients exciting new data and analytics services.
1. A Master's degree is required for this role (MHA, MPH, or MS in fields such as data science, statistics, mathematics,
economics, public health, or epidemiology) along with a minimum of 5 years of healthcare industry experience, preferably in a payer or provider setting.
2. Excel, Microsoft office and database skills. Experience using database query tools such as SQL, SAS or Alteryx.
Experience using software such as Tableau, Qlik, or COGNOS to build data visualizations is highly desirable.
3. Ability to identify relationships in data sets, determine key fields, and present findings independently. Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify defects in logic and identify and resolve data quality issues. This individual should be a big picture thinker and be able to make connections and grasp the significance of implications.
4. Attention to detail - ability to produce accurate, high-quality written work is critical.
5. Understanding of provider/payer measurement and standard healthcare code sets. Experience with with electronic
health record (EHR) data or Admit-Discharge-Transfer (ADT) data is a plus. Experience using statistical methods to evaluate healthcare data is strongly preferred.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and produce a quality output. Must be resourceful and possess the ability to investigate complex issues and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information; the ability to research varied topics as needed and embody the organizational and critical thinking skills essential to success.
7. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to establish effective interpersonal
8. The ideal candidate will bring other desirable skills to complement the existing team, including:knowledge of hospital reimbursement methodologies and risk adjustment; experience using public data sets (US Census/ACS, CMS public data files, and APCDs (all payer claims databases))and FHIR resources; knowledge of coding, medical terminology, quality pay-for-performance programs, hospital electronic health record systems, and predictive modeling; experience designing applications using user-experience design principles; and analyzing pharmacy claims or lab data.
location: WALLINGFORD, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Write queries to evaluate data; organize and summarize data; publish results and findings.
2. Develop business rules based on data exploration and define algorithms and calculations to transform and enhance data.
3. Create data visualizations and infographics to convey information and help users derive meaning from data.
Synthesize complex data and use appropriate statistics to deliver information in a concise, meaningful way to communicate to non-technical audiences.
4. Lead the development of sophisticated analytic tools by documenting requirements, creating detailed specifications
and mock-ups, and working with software developers to rapidly prototype, test and revise business intelligence offerings.
5. Drive data analysis to evaluate the impact of legislative and regulatory proposals and analyze trends affecting hospitals and healthcare organizations.
6. Provide training and support for member hospitals and other business partners. Lead the creation of innovative solutions to support members and clients.
7. Support ongoing data and reporting operations, and provide backup for other team members as needed.
8. Identify the steps/tasks needed to complete a project and track progress in project management software.
9. Mentor junior colleagues and share best practices. Participate in peer review process, offering constructive feedback
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.