Building and setting up new Environments tools and infrastructure
Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'
Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Seeking top technical talent for their Site Reliability Engineering team. Our client has revenues of $5 billion with 30 percent being generated from the online organization. The online organization has consistently leveraged innovation and high industry standards to evolve our online platform to support over 5 major brands both domestic and international.
- This role will be responsible for building the SRE team and support for operation and product teams in the digital Transformation project including Cloud solution, Automation and monitoring systems.
- This position requires a high level of aptitude and understanding of new technology so that initiatives can be delivered on time. This role will have direct contact with multiple Digital Transformation product teams and spend 20-50% of the time assisting them.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, business or related field
- 3+ year of Coding in Python or Ruby
- 2+ year Experience/ Exposure in AWS technology
- 3+ years' experience in business process and/or technology implementation
- Configuration management tools for automation using tools like Chef, Puppet, and/or Ansible
- Proven experience on scaling cloud-based application with main focus on automation
- 2+ years' experience at a Lead level or above delivering Web Capabilities preferably in an eCommerce environment
- Current knowledge of evolution of tools to drive continuous integration, continuous delivery, release automation
- Firm understanding of online applications and performance monitors such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Rigor, and Quantum
- Python or Ruby Coding: 3 years (Preferred)
- AWS Technology: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business Process/Technology Implementation: 3 years (Preferred)
- IT Systems: 4 years (Preferred)
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Leading infrastructure and automation efforts for Digital Transformation.
- Define infrastructure and system needs for DT role for SRE using best practices
- Build automation using configuration management tools to seamlessly scale projects
- Design and implement monitoring solutions for projects via automation
- Collaborate with product teams for items related to SRE
- Own the reporting and accountability of all eCommerce performance metrics
- Build and enhance scalable application infrastructure focused on delivering world-class eCommerce capabilities
- Define and deliver global application roadmaps and technology platforms
- Manage the development and deployment of all release management features for the online systems
- Maintain log centralization of numerous applications using Splunk
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.