Randstad Technologies is currently looking for a Service Desk Technician to provide level III support to Tier I and II Service Desk Technicians, and internal customers on a variety of issues with a strong commitment to Customer Service Excellence. Respond as a Tier III technical support to telephone calls, email and electronic requests for the service desk. Facilitate the process to Document, identify, research, resolve and escalate Incidents and Requests to appropriate technical system application owners. The Service Desk Technician III provides coordination and support of the Service Management Escalation process for all Severity One incoming calls. Has knowledge of commonly-used Service Desk concepts, practices and procedures and assists with the creation of instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Level 3 Support Desk Technician operates at a high level, high functioning capacity with critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills to support the service desk operations remaining fluid and agile in their abilities and services.
location: Hackensack, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Demonstrate sound customer service and telephone etiquette in responding to customer calls or inquiries for service and support.
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to customer service through effective ticket resolution, proactively anticipating customer needs, and working with internal teams to ensure complex and/or escalated issues are resolved.
- Proactively seek out customer feedback and insights, providing recommendations to the Support Manager and leadership to strengthen the organization's product and service offerings.
- Embody the brand by building productive relationships built on trust, patience and results with internal staff, customers and vendor partners.
- Seek to overcome challenges and accept failure as an opportunity for improvement
- Analyze and resolve complex service requests and incidents that have been escalated by the junior level analysts
- Utilize advanced technical skills to analyze and resolve technical issues and tasks, including but not limited to setting up shared drives, mapping network drives, installing and updating software, and network troubleshooting
- Answer Service Desk Support (phone) calls and provide remote support by troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, printer, connections, phone and messaging systems issue
- Manage user accounts and permissions
- Contact appropriate maintenance, technical support or programming personnel for hardware or software failures and escalate issues when needed
- Install, upgrade and maintain updates to software applications
- Provides technical assistance and support for Service Desk Technicians I and II, which includes assisting in new employee orientation, training, work assignments, and schedules
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects and assist less experienced peers
- Keeps self-educated on Microsoft Product Roadmaps and develops migration plans and upgrade strategies including capital and expense estimates and project plans
- Assist with special projects at the direction of IT Project Managers and technologists
- Assist in implementing best practices within the IT systems and support structure.
- Assist in leading the Service Desk staff, answering questions and providing guidance in support matters.
- Manage service desk goals, priorities, escalations, volumes, aged tickets, service level agreements and other associated processes and metrics
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.