This client is looking for a leader for their Hard Surface Sourced Products Global Supplier Management team who can come in with a start-up mindset. This team is focused on the development of value creation when building relationships with both their suppliers and their internal supplier-facing functional partners across their worldwide network in the Americas, Asia, and Europe. This leader's work will directly impact how they will shape and scale the sourcing capabilities to support the company's future hard surface business growth.
The role is focused on developing solutions to ensure predictable, scalable supply from our current network of global supplier partners. In this strategic transformation and continuous improvement focused role, you will be expected to develop both supplier facing and internal strategies that optimize their current capabilities towards world class standards. You will develop business cases, conceptualize and manage projects, design & implement solutions, manage quality management and take part in quarterly business reviews.
Metrics and data driven decisions should be a part of your DNA as a supplier performance leader and compliance will be critical to success in this role. Proven abilities to create models/tools for structured profitability-analysis and price negotiation management are also important. Responsibilities include working collaboratively with internal teams and suppliers to identify best in class inbound supply chain networks.
You will lead focused and strategically critical projects across the globe in all areas of the business as required to support Global Supply Chain Operations. You will diagnose processes, recognize supplier needs to be efficient, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies, and guide the improvement effort. Considerable judgment is necessary because you will be motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment where explosive growth is occurring while achieving impeccable quality.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-paced and sometimes unstructured work environment
- Well versed in navigating highly matrixed organizations
- Thorough communicator, both across the organization and with senior leadership
- Exhibits a background in handling internationally sourced finished products and private labels (not exposure to just the raw materials procurement side)
- Challenges the status quo and actively strives for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Energized to create clear accountability and consistent processes
- Previous experience developing talent and building high performing teams
- Change agent and strives for best in class performance
- Strategy development experience
- Broad understanding of supplier sourcing/procurement functions
- Flooring category product knowledge, preferred
- 7 years of sourcing / procurement experience
- Cross cultural experience, primarily Asia preferred
- 10% Travel, including international
location: DALTON, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Enterprise mindset, able to link functional, quality, and cost tradeoffs to create optimal business outcomes
- Analyze supplier metrics & scorecards and drive continuous improvement plans around any performance gaps
- Supplier consequence & performance management
- Cost management & analysis
- Price negotiation management
- Knowledge of how to conduct business in different cultures and regions of the world
- Supplier development & improvement
- Mentor/leader to US based teams
- Drive and create a path of opportunity for people and suppliers
- Actively building, automating and maturing processes
- Collaborate in designated regions with logistics
- Set-up and Removal of suppliers based on standard company criteria
- Manage supplier relationships and performance
- Manage day-to-day cost analysis
- Global supply risk analysis
- Contract development and establishment of high supplier compliance/satisfaction
- Establish high customer centric approach
- Coordinate and collaborate all supplier negotiations with the Residential and Commercial sourcing leaders
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.