- Lead and participate on teams representing the business needs to technical staff and technology system capabilities to business staff.
- Facilitate discussions among all appropriate technical and business staff to clarify business rules, define system output, facilitate the design of business and technology system processes, and negotiate project timeline changes.
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyze and document business rules, business and technical requirements, and system operations and procedures.
- Review existing and proposed rules, policies, and procedures for impact on current and proposed business processes. When necessary, adjust proposed processes or propose rule, policy or procedure changes to maintain compliance with all applicable constraints.
- Coordinate department business program specialist and technical staff efforts to clarify, revise, develop, and implement process descriptions and functional programming specifications.
- Create documentation of process and system development changes, and assist business and technical staff to draft new procedures and publications.
- Track system problems and their resolution using DFI's help desk ticking system, bug-tracking system and other IT request systems. Investigate and analyze system problems and design solutions.
- Provide guidance and consultation on issues specific to applications and business process to Product Owners, IT leadership team and IT staff.
- Assist QA Team and business to develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
- Analyze issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Document user-acceptance test criteria and conduct user/system acceptance testing.
- Provide thorough feedback to business and technical staff regarding needed enhancements.
- Analyze business data integrity throughout the project.
- Engage with 3rd party vendors, business and technical staff to introduce and implement viable solutions.
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices. Considerable knowledge of business process documentation, analysis and design.
- Advanced knowledge of business requirements gathering and assessment. Considerable knowledge of initial investigation, feasibility and cost benefit analysis for portfolio management decision making.
- strong financial business analysis experience. Previous Financial ERP system experience.
- strong quantitative abilities.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel. Knowledge of standard accounting procedures. Advanced knowledge of quality assurance standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of automated regression testing tools, tests and suites. Expert ability to communicate, both verbal and written, effectively. strong ability to develop and follow strategic and operational project plans. Significant ability to identify, manage, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- strong ability to effectively manage time and priorities.
- Significant ability to coordinate people, projects; and methodologies.
- strong ability to work and effectively communicate with departmental customers, vendors, quality assurance analyst, business users, technical developers, peers, and management.
- Advanced ability to enable the business area to apply technology to meet business requirements and needs.
- Advanced ability to understand and elicit business and technology requirements.
- Advanced ability to recognize how and when to improve a process or system.
- strong ability to mentor, guide and provide feedback to subordinate staff members.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team. Advanced ability to work with business and technical staff to write/create necessary reporting.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.