We have an immediate need for an IT Program Director for a direct hire opportunity in San Antonio, TX.
Below are the required background/skills:
- 4-year college degree from an accredited university with emphasis in Business or equivalent industry experience
- 10 years of experience in Project Management with at least 2 years in Program Management, working with executives, cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders, and coordinating people and resources
- Experience developing a strategy/roadmap and implementing large company-wide programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or another equivalent in a relevant area of specialty preferred
- Ability to initiate, design, and drive projects and programs to completion with minimal guidance
- Demonstrates a practical sense and ability to implement in a dynamic, diverse, collaborative team environment with changing and fluid needs
- Ability to bring a high level of energy and resilience to the role
- Can effectively perform multiple & concurrent tasks within deadlines. Ability to manage in ambiguity or without direct oversight
- Ability to develop successful relationships with and influence internal stakeholders and external. Ability to navigate and drive the program through conflict
- Must possess strong, effective communication techniques (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, DevOps, ITIL, and Change Management methodologies.
- tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other project management software tools
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for designing, planning, and driving the execution of complex, cross-functional strategic programs
- Will provide oversight to the delivery of projects within the assigned program, acts as an advocate and escalation point, and ensures quality project delivery
- Requires frequent interaction with executive leadership, as well as partnership with key business stakeholders
- Program planning/scheduling, sound financial management, change management, speed of delivery, and sponsorship alignment are pillars of success for the role.
- Directs all aspects of strategic programs from inception to launch
- Develops and manages relationships with executive leaders relative to the assigned programs, becoming a trusted solutions partner
- Partners with stakeholders to define program objectives, focusing on aligning projects to deliver value in support of strategic vision and business priorities
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results as defined success criteria for assigned program
- Establishes a program planning process to align business needs with annual budgeting cycles
- Through the partnership with executives, key stakeholders, and team peers, the Program Manager continually builds awareness of the overall strategic direction of business areas, to manage cross-program and cross-project opportunities, dependencies, and conflicts
- Implements and promotes effective Program Management discipline so projects within the program can be executed to achieve efficient, timely, and cost-effective outcomes
- Manages and/or monitors the execution of projects within the program
- Develops high-level assessment project artifacts related to schedule, budget, scope, and resources for projects within the program
- Plans for program risk and develops strategies for dealing with potential risks, as well as managing realized risks/issues
- Maintains overall program budget and ensures resources are appropriately allocated
- Develops and adheres to Program Change Management standards, ensuring that stakeholders are informed of the factors influencing change & the associated impacts on projects within the program. Ensures appropriate approval and communication of changes as part of the Program Communication Plan.
- Maintains program artifacts throughout the life of the program, as well as governs the management of relevant project-level artifacts
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.