Our Seattle based client is seeking a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer
with extensive experience in Kubernetes (Rancher preferred). You will be a part of the infrastructure/cloud platforms team, working closely with product managers, application engineers and solution architects to implement, design and deploy solutions.
location: SEATTLE, Washington
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
You've Got What It Takes If You Have...
- 5+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Experience using tools such as Cloudability, AWS Cost explorer, Azure Pricing Calculator, Quicksight, PowerBI and other analytics tools to advise on optimization opportunities
- Understanding of DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, IaC, and expertise with Linux and Windows stacks
- Experience and good understanding of cost management tactics such as enterprise-wide discount programs and commitment plans, Savings Plans, Reserved Instances, Committed Use Discounts, chargeback reporting, show back, and spend control
- strong analytical and quantitative data-analysis; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- strong understanding of various AWS and Azure Pricing and Cost Optimization strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with senior-level personnel and team members
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect Certified
- Azure Solutions Architect Certified
- Experience with developing scripts via Python, PowerShell, etc. to implement automated cost optimization control policies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.