The purpose of this role is to act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements (including translation into functional requirements), problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $48.83 - 53.83 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Understanding the business processes and the interdependencies of various systems in use.
- Facilitating interactive discussions with the business unit and technology teams in order to achieve alignment on defining requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing, documenting and translating business requirements into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement solutions to meet the business objectives.
- Managing the change control and traceability processes for requirements.
- Collaborating with architects to ensure alignment of requirements with system capabilities
- Analyzing complex system and system-related problems for the business unit and making recommendations for improvements or new designs
- Identifying potential solutions for the business and providing input into any risks and issues
- Creating and implementing test plans (schedule, approach, cases, scripts and conditions, etc.), including production check out and measuring testing performance results
- Ensuring the testing environment has sufficient test data to carry out the full test plans
- Ensuring all quality standards and techniques are followed, including compiling and publishing artifacts and deliverables of the client Project Management Methodology using the Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) methods as required
- Updating/creating user and technical documentation procedures and manuals, operational support documentation, and archival of project documentation.
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues and potential solution strategies along with providing status updates to the portfolio/project manager and/or senior leadership.
- Solid understanding of the processes and systems in use (or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge) -
- The ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of all levels across the organization and external partners as required
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively influencing decision making at various levels of the organizations.
- An attention for detail with the ability to translate for the business or technology in order to facilitate effective collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirement and process tools (e.g. Visio, Provision, DOORS, HP Quality Center, etc.)
- Ability to handle changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and work within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
- BA and/or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.