Randstad Technologies is looking to add a Data Center Operations Tech to one of our top technology partners in the NW Illinois area. Ideally, our client is looking for someone who is proficient with general data center skills, racking and un-racking of equipment, and cabling/labeling servers and network equipment. If you enjoy working with highly collaborative folks at a forward thinking and FUN company, please consider the following qualifications.
If you have any questions about this position, please email Jesse Karassik at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $1 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Tasks will include Migration Prep Work, Migration Weekend Work, and various DCOPS work outlines below.
- Migration Prep Work
- Monday-Friday 1st shift (typically 7:30AM - 4:30PM)
- Prepping cabinets for migrations to include:
- Verifying cabinets and devices
- Running fiber and tipping and crimping new copper cables
- Installing rails
- Labeling devices
- Physical decommission of devices from computer room racks and fiber decommission
- Cabinet refreshes (adding cabling, switches, power, etc to convert older cabinets to current standards)
- Physical cab movement from one data center room to another. Moving using moving gear manually
- Prepping DC from migrations (sorting migration carts, taping floors and si
- Experience level:
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.