My client is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and growth oriented individual to join the Technology Solutions team. The Helpdesk Support Specialist provides Tier 1 service desk support to a full range of technology including IT infrastructure, enterprise systems and select business lines of applications. This will involve in-person and remote support. The Helpdesk Support Specialist will assist in providing high quality service, fast resolution, ensuring the service desk is completely customer-focused, with good onboarding process, and quick/ effective addressing of service requests.
- Perform Tier 1 service desk duties
- Provides end user support for IT infrastructure, association management systems and other enterprise applications. Develops basic queries and reports.
- Install or assist service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives, following design or installation best practices.
- Participate in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the computing resources of the Enterprise.
- Isolate and troubleshoot problems at the workstation level, referring to Tier 2 and Tier 3 assistance if needed or required.
- Work with other team members (considered Tier 2 and Tier 3) to resolve advanced or complicated issues with respect to computing devices.
- Provide staff support for administrative tasks and projects relative to desktop support such as tracking inventory, software licensing, etc.
- Assist in the managing of hardware inventory per location; provide quarterly reporting and refresh cycles status.
- Improve customer support operations by actively monitoring and responding to requests.
- Take ownership of problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of personnel and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Stay current on developments within the IT industry and provide recommendations on ways to optimize speed, reduce cost, etc.
- Assists in maintaining a central source of information enabling Service Desk and support staff to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels.
location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred or commensurate experience. High school diploma required
- 1-3 years of IT experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to organize and respond to users and a ticketing system.
- Requires being on call and the ability to respond to emergency issues during off hours.
- Service Desk Support experience in Windows environments. Mac environments are a plus.
- Commitment to providing and maintaining highest level of customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- A knack for problem solving.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule of customer appointments while adapting to dynamic customer requests.
- Some experience in application support, in addition to infrastructure support.
- Experience with migration/upgrading systems from legacy to newer workstations preferred.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.