We are looking for experienced software developer to Develop/Enhance Tax and Asset Servicing applications, and contribute to the developing new capabilities for Corporate Actions system. As a part of development team, you must have strong communication skills and experience interacting with geographically complementary team, and be able to produce high-quality, testable code for sophisticated application capabilities, and efficiently deploy them onto AWS. You should be able to participate in the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, multi-functional team.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The role requires:
- Participating in the design and analysis discussions
- Participating in application level architecture
- Developing applications on complex projects, components, and subsystems for the division.
- Being responsible for QA readiness of software work.
- Developing comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Establishing full project life cycle plans for sophisticated projects across multiple platforms.
- Being responsible for meeting project goals timely and on-budget.
- Providing technology solutions to daily issues and technical evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
- Performing independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
- Developing original and creative technical solutions to ongoing development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field
- 5+ years' experience as a full stack software engineer, delivering software using agile development practices
- Demonstrated Expertise ("DE") analyzing, crafting, developing, and testing scalable Cloud based software applications, using SOA, Java/J2EE, Python, Spring; and building, deploying, and running secure Java (JVM)/Node.js applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- DE performing unit testing of Java/J2EE application according to Test Driven and Behavioral Driven Development methodologies (TDD and BDD), using JUnit/Jest frameworks; performing functional and integration testing, using Spring testing framework; and developing and testing applications using integrated development environments (IDE) -- IntelliJ, Eclipse, SQL Developer
- Experience working with relational DBs (Oracle/DB2), and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB)
- Exposure to Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, and Terraform
- Proven track record to work in a high paced team environment
- Financial/brokerage experience is nice to have
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.