DevOps works closely with development teams to plan, deploy, and support multiple applications across our working environments. Daily, the team utilizes best practices to assure smooth application operations across the firm's application architecture.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The desired candidate:
- Participates in release planning;
- Maintains and assures uptime of containerized applications in hosted environments;
- Monitors service trends to identify opportunities for improvements with existing frameworks, tools, and processes; and,
- Audits and improves system metrics and alarms.
- Lead: Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 years of Linux system administration and dev ops experience. 3 years supporting toolsets like toolsets listed below.
- Intermediate: Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of Linux system administration and dev ops experience. 2 years supporting toolsets like toolsets listed below.
- Jr: Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2 years of Linux system administration and dev ops experience. 1 years supporting toolsets like toolsets listed below.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success performing on teams or leading workstreams involving DevOps for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Linux/Unix environment/System administration;
- Configuration Management;
- Multiple scripting languages on Linux Platform (bash, awk, sed, python);
- Cloud-hosted systems;
- Hardware capabilities;
- Transport security, ssh and certificates;
- Docker Containers for application deployment;
- Relational databases;
- NoSQL data stores; and,
- Distributed/clustered or grid computing systems.
- Azure Portal Administration
- Application Performance Mionitoring Tools (Dynatrace, Splunk, etc)
- General infrastructure troubleshooting capabilities
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success performing on teams and/or leading workstreams involving DevOps for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Administering Linux OS to include network and software application configuration;
- Configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git and Nexus;
- Automating repetitive development, operations and deployment tasks;
- Documenting systems and networks, refining requirements, self-identify solutions and communicate to the team;
- Managing databases, including database design, creation, manipulation and query; and,
- Utilizing enterprise tools (such as BPM or ESB tools) for orchestration of services and workflows, as well as messaging queues (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.