Seeking a seasoned Project Manager with experience in traditional project management activities with an emphasis in application portfolio management, facilitating multiple projects with Senior Leadership and staholders, and coordination with the information technology teams.
- Managing current and future projects through the entire lifecycle from pre-project approval (e.g., developing business cases and obtaining project approval) to project closeout.
- Responsible for the successful initiation, planning, development, administration, risk management, implementation, control, and closure of single or multiple large-sized projects across multiple business units.
location: MADISON, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Assisting with managing and reporting on the overall health of the portfolio of projects, products, and services to ensure efficient, cost-effective, and customer-aligned delivery, while also providing a coordinated view and governance of the portfolio.
- Leadership, coordination and communication across the project team, stakeholder groups, sponsors, other project managers, and the consulting vendor.
- Coordinate project activity with the consulting partner project manager, and outline and manage project activities such as tasks, dependencies, timelines, resources, and costs.
- Identify opportunities to improve project efficiencies and communication strategies.
- Manage communications to maintain alignment and touchpoints between interdependent projects, vendors, integrators, and business areas.
- Orchestrate the final recommendation deliverable and ensure that the discovery project has provided the necessary information for recommendation options
- Relationship building of the team(s)
- Assist with vendor relationship management, improving communications, and deliverables.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job. Educational Requirements Education Level Field of Study Required/Preferred Bachelor's Degree Preferred Certification Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Experience with leading development of business case, scoping projects, project phases.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and team skills.
- Experience with project management and portfolio management tools (MS Project or similar toolsets)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate sensitive information effectively.
- strong problem solving and creative skills, along with the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and building effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- strong analytical skills.
- strong planning and organizational skills.
- Displays strong facilitation skills, enabling effective teamwork and issue resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with senior leaders and ability to act as. a partner and trusted advisor
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels, from project teams, subject matter experts to executives
- Savvy organizational skills to maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Experience working on both I.T. and Business Unit Projects
- Experience working on a virtual team.
- Be accountable, able to take ownership and quickly adapt to changes and project needs.
- Previous experience with formalized stage & gate processes.
- Experience working in non-profit, government, higher-education, or other complex management/governance environment.
- Demonstrated experience building strong, highly collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated success influencing without authority.
- Ability to quickly assimilate, assess and act upon project status changes.
- Demonstrated experience simultaneously managing multiple complex initiatives crossing organizational boundaries.
- Effectively use analytical skills to develop and analyze options, recommend solutions to solve complex problems and issues
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to pursue desired outcomes in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to generate professional, clear written communications appropriate for the intended audience
- Proven customer service skills with ability to work within all levels of the organization and maneuver across different organizational entities and political environments
- Knowledge of confidentiality standards, PII and
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize workload to complete projects with minimal direction
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.