Our client located in Jacksonville, FL has immediate openings for a highly motivated Sr. PySpark Developer with experience in Java to join their dynamic and growing team. The ideal candidate will be full of enthuasim and drive. The client is open to 100% remote resources, with the ability to work EST hours. Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.
location: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions using Python (or Scala) to enable Florida Blue Customer Experience applications in the Spark Framework. Responsible for documentation of the system, conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- PySpark Engineer with knowledge in Scala or Python
- JAVA experience is a must
- Experience with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- May include database knowledge in; SQL, MySQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, dBase, MS Access, etc
- Responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions using Python
- Responsible for documentation of the system, conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products.
- Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Excellent understanding of RESTful Architecture style.
- We expect the candidate to have ability to take methodical approach to evaluate various libraries with pros and cons to meet business / technical requirements.
- Excellent understanding of Python programming mode and required libraries to develop REST API Services.
- Must have demonstrated experience developing REST APIs using Python.
- Must have demonstrated experience processing batch files using Python.
- Must have demonstrated experience developing scheduling of batch processes
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
The preferred qualifications listed below reflect desired knowledge, skill, and/or experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Various Domain experience; Health Care, Financial, etc
- Experience using Agile, Waterfall, or hybrid methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
-5-8 years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience using either Scala or Python required
-Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience
-strong understanding of Apache Spark/PySpark framework & Java required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.