Client is expanding an enterprise Business Intelligence team, including advanced analytics across multiple large data sets. The role of the Data Quality Analyst is to ensure the quality and completeness of data across various business systems as they are managed in our enterprise systems. This position will be responsible for creating requirements for data quality checks, validating results and triaging the issues, creating dashboards and scorecards for monitoring operational metrics, and supporting other operational functions. This is an analytical and technical role. The pace is challenging but realistic.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats
- Knowledge of referential and large data formats and file structures
- Ability to apply the principles of data quality standards
- Knowledge of databases, included big data technologies
- Knowledge of programming and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to agile development methodology
- Convey complex technical issues/problems to programmers in a clear/concise manner
- Ability to convey complex concepts to business stakeholders in terms relevant to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent data analysis skill and understanding of Statistical measures
- Organized, structured, methodical
- Analytical with excellent problem solving ability
- Robust prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to design and implement operational metrics:
- 3+ years of relevant employment experience
- 3+ years writing technical requirements and business logic
- 2+ years process documentation and depicting data lineage
- 2+ years interpreting data models, data dictionaries and queries
- Ability to write moderately complex SQL queries, PL/SQL a plus
- Knowledge of account, device, service, operations and marketing domains
- Exposure to the following a plus: Hortonworks, Hadoop, Teradata
- Exposure to the following a plus: Informatica, Tableau, Metric Insights
- Bachelor's degree required with related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Ability to analyze complex data, business processes, and information flow needs. Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to drive data quality concepts and solutions.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Data Profiling Profile files and databases, identify business rules and requirements for ingestion and processing of data
- Apply Analytical insights to the data, and perform time trending analytic reports
- Calculate various dimensions on data like Standard Deviation, Percentile calculations, Moving Averages to identify pattern of data
- Identify and define validation and monitoring logic to ensure that data anomalies are detected and contained within thresholds
- Identify patterns, trends and inconsistencies; draw conclusions and provide recommendations in the form of remediation, corrective (CARs) and preventative (PAR) actions.
- Stakeholder Engagement capture business rules and filtering unique to data use and business decision making
- Technical Writing requirements, event summaries and recommendations (etc.)
- Process Modelling
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.