- Interprets business needs and issues by gathering, eliciting, creating, analyzing, documenting and validating the Business area's user and/or technical (functional/non-functional) requirements.
- Key contributor in the creation of project plans to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities.
- Provides oversight and strategic direction to lower level analysts which includes coaching, mentoring, and delegating of tasks and deliverables.
- Facilitates requirements analysis and verification sessions.
- Accountable in the tracking and management of open issues and assists in planning for resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Education Details: Business Administration, Business Management, Finance or related field
- Experience: 8 years progressive experience in business analysis, systems analysis, testing or other analytical experience
- Master's Degree MBA
- Demonstrated ability to have led the deliver of high quality, effective deliverables on-time and be a significant contributor to the development of cost-effective solutions.
- Expert understanding of business analysis core competencies
- Prior business analysis coaching and mentoring experience
- Robust time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to organize stakeholder meetings.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Advanced Excel
- Understand business requirements of BI context and design a data model to transform raw data into meaningful insights
- Use Power BI to create dashboards and interactive visual reports
- Analyze data and present it.
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and implement them through reports that support decision-making.
- Establish relationships between data and develop tabular and multi multidimensional data models
- Understanding/proficiency of DAX syntax
- Defining data models / data model structures supporting granularity in technical data reporting solutions
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 43 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Responsible for successful development sessions and design reviews in order to ensure design meets user requirements.
- Responsible for overall success of user acceptance testing, including documentation, verification and release. Implements practices and procedures for end user test plans.
- Identifies and documents gaps in requirement adherence or system deficiencies/defects and coordinates appropriate action through issue resolution.
- Leads in creating formal communication to be delivered to relevant stakeholders.
- Providing guidance and training to application end users.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots problems with their in-depth knowledge of the relationships in systems, software and processes.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to monitor, report and resolve issues.
- Participates in the development of solutions and workarounds that solve high complexity technical, system and/or business issues.
- Reviews, analyzes and creates detailed documentation of business systems, processes, software and user needs. Responsible for writing all documentation to established standards, in a clear and well organized manner.
- Develops and/or collaborates in key project and requirement deliverables for projects of high complexity.
- Monitors and reports project status to identify and mitigate risks and to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
- Coordinates assigned projects from concept through implementation. Prioritize and manage new work requests.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.