Who we are looking for:
Lead one or more engineering Scrum teams to build and maintain one or more of the Alpha web-based workflows. Provide engineering expertise for a given product area within the team and across the Engineering organization. Deliver support and assistance to customers and other teams within the organization.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform.
Join us if delivering next generation cloud native web applications using emerging technologies sounds like a challenge you are up for.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 10-12 years of progressively responsible professional experience in a software engineering role required with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of 5 years of development experience with Single Page Application (SPAs) using React and Angular.
- Must have experience with prominent React packages and best practices, including Redux and RxJs.
- Extensive familiarity with test standard and popular supporting frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, and Jasmine
- Extensive familiarity with the NodeJS ecosystem, including NPM and/or Yarn.
- Must have experience delivering single page applications in cloud based deployments with major cloud vendors (Azure preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming (JAVA and/or C#), compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- Experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly and succinctly summarize results for upper management
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and running efficient meetings
- Ability to manage solution complexity to ensure simple designs and workflows
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-team activities
- strong contributor to project plans and backlog management
location: Burlington, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 210,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage a development team's staff, including assignment of work items, employee performance, engagement and professional development
- Work with Product Owner to design and develop software solutions to meet market need and assist in managing the product backlog for their functional area
- Fulfill the Scrum Master role by leading the team in their Agile development process and working to foster a strong continuous improvement culture
- Identify improvements in team development and quality including defining new strategies, processes, and required tooling to improve quality
- Write, review and approve software development specifications, projects, proposals, methods and schedules
- Provide expert guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Advise staff members on complex technical problems including specifying proper software designs and use of existing facilities to solve common problems
- Monitor progress on a variety of initiatives and work packages to ensure fulfillment of product and scheduling objectives
- Review testing strategy and test plans for team's product to ensure high product quality
- Mentor team members to cultivate technical and financial domain knowledge expertise, and assist with developing other essential skills to further their careers
- Work with the client services organization to provide support & maintenance to current customers
- Coordinate with other Scrum teams within the R&D organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.