Expertise in the Azure or any other Cloud Data Lake and relational Data Warehouse platforms
- Demonstrated experience in Azure Analytics and Big Data technologies, Data Lake development
- Experience with real time data processing and analytics products - Event Hub, Kafka, Spark, Azure Data Bricks
- Experience with Azure Big data technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure ML)
- Azure certification preferred but not mandatory
- Any Big Data certification is a plus
- Experience managing engineering professionals
- Large data warehousing environments in database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc)
- Programming experience in Python, Java, SQL, good to have .Net, C#
- Data engineering ETL, data processing expertise in Azure (Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks..), Hadoop (map-reduce, spark, sqoop) and SSIS, HealthCatalyst, Informatica - any 2-3 of these would be preferred
- Familiarity with data governance and data quality principles, good to have experience with data quality tools
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and performance tune in large scale data lake, enterprise systems
- Knowledge of data architecture principles, data lake, data warehousing, agile development, DevOps methodologies
- Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Act as an effective, collaborative team member
location: Somerville, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are looking for a self-motivated Big Data Architect to join our data engineering team.
- We are looking for an accomplished Big Data Architect with strong experience in the Azure, Cloud Data lake architecture and implementation.
- This role will involve a close collaboration with our team of passionate and innovative big data specialists, application developers and product managers.
- This is a unique opportunity to be a Lead Architect in our Corporate Data Engineering Team, tackling our toughest and most exiting data lake challenges across multiple divisions in the firm.
- Design, Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures such as Data Lake, large-scale data processing systems
- Big data ecosystem related Tool selection and POC analysis
- Gather and process raw data at scale that meet functional / non-functional business requirements (including writing scripts, REST API calls, SQL Queries, etc.)
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production
- Integrate new data management technologies (Collibra, Informatica DQ..) and software engineering tools into existing structures
- The candidate will be responsible for leading Architecture for building a new Data Lake, expanding and optimizing our data platform and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams.
- The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- The individual will lead solution implementation leading and collaborating with our Software Developers, Database Architects, Data Analysts and Data Scientists on Big data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- They must be self-directed and comfortable leading the architecture needs of Big data eco system and analytics solutions with multiple teams, systems and products.
- Build the Cloud Big data infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from traditional/legacy data sources.
- Work with stakeholders including the Management team, Product owners, and Architecture teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Software Architecture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.