The Content Strategist / Information Architect (CS/IA) is responsible for developing content strategies and solutions that marry user needs with business strategy for an extranet that houses a large quantity of documentation and communications. The individual must be a creative idea generator and problem solver with very Robust critical thinking and analytical skills to assess business and user insights.
The CS/IA will apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision and strategy for content on the extranet and execute on key organizational initiatives. S/he will work cross-functionally with the product team, UX/UI, web administrator, web production team, business and customer stakeholders and others, and will collaborate to deliver meaningful and diverse customer experiences.
In addition, the CS/IA will be responsible for creating and maintaining the website content governance plans, site information architectures, strategy documents, web-specific content style guide, and content migration plans. As the team is small, some writing/editing/proofing may be required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years' experience with content strategy and information architecture across websites and digital applications
- Exceptional strategy and leadership skill; proven ability to think strategically
- Robust experience crafting long-term visions and strategies
- Robust experience in leading and creating
- information architectures
- content migration strategies, inventories and audits
- governance plans and content strategies
- taxonomy development
- Must have exceptional English grammar and writing skill, and excellent oral presentation skills to explain complex and/or controversial concepts to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Demonstrates exceptional listening and consultative skills; must earn the trust of a wide range of stakeholders within the organization and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to think critically as well as creatively while managing internal customers, complex projects and driving business requirements and customer expectations
- Must be able to display leadership skill in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams helpful
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 63 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Partners with leadership to set the vision and strategy for a website/product.
- Gathers inputs from key stakeholders, data analytics and the results of applicable user testing to develop content strategies.
- Conducts inventories and audits of existing site content as needed for project work or site redesigns, re-architectures, migrations, etc.
- Ensures content strategy informs project and overarching site/product work:
- Formulates strategy as a foundation for design.
- Leads information architecture, working collaboratively with UX/UI who leads on a sub-set of IA: user flows and wireframes.
- Owns taxonomies and partners with web administrator to define tagging logic and protocols.
- Participates in UX/UI led user research activities.
- Develops and documents governance for a strategic approach to content work, including:
- Policies, standards, guidelines
- Archiving and retention
- Ownership and accountability
- Content workflows and processes
- Oversees content requirements and creates deliverables across a project life cycle.
- Helps to develop a measurement plan that informs content strategy for the site and its various subsections.
- Informs and contributes to testing new ideas and making ongoing site optimizations.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to repurpose or restructure content.
- Continually looks for ways to leverage the content management system to facilitate content creation and publication, and to improve delivery on the site.
- Improves brand perception and customer experience by emphasizing known, best content and user experience practices, and working with brand and business strategy to define voice, tone guidelines and web specific style guide.
- Leads through influencing, expertise and building trust.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.