The candidate will be responsible for assisting in ETL design, development, testing, maintenance, metadata, and implementation of data warehouse initiatives. Understand user requirements, and implement solutions that ensure requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables. Develop ETL mapping specifications for loading information into the data warehouse and for ensuring reliability of information loaded. Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data. Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements, and recommend & implement solutions. Closely supervised with some latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires at least 4 to 5 years of experience or equivalent education.
location: MADISON, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $38.53 - 43.53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Knowledge in data warehouse best practice standards
- Moderate skills working with relational and dimensional data models
- Moderate skills working with slowly changing dimensions
- strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of meetings with customers and technical staff
- Knowledge and skills in the project development life cycle process (i.e., planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, support)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in requirements gathering
- Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
- Skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility for job development and training, researching and resolving questions and problems, requesting supervisor input and keeping supervisor informed
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Visio, and MS Outlook
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.