Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced ITIL CMDB Specialist for an exciting remote opportunity. The ITIL Specialist II will focus on configuration management to further drive the expansion and maturation of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) while ensuring daily end-to-end delivery of Configuration Management (CM) services.
The role will ensure the correctness, completeness, and currency of the data in the CMDB through ongoing maintenance and governance oversight of the data. This position is also responsible for delivering a well maintained CMDB that helps eliminate outages, significantly reduce the time it takes to remediate an outage, remain in compliance, avoid security and audit fines, and understand important service contexts when making decisions, which benefits risk assessment and reporting, and track software license and cloud costs.
location: KANSAS CITY, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Oversees and improves the processes of the ITIL Practice(s) by seeking out and integrating best practices wherever possible.
- Iterates regularly on the process of the ITIL Practice(s) using data gathered about events and activities occurring across the IT Organization, the Business, and the Industry.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the world of ITSM (specifically, new products, services, and standards) that relate to the practices of effective IT Services.
- Coordinates between support teams as they work to determine solutions to remediate problems and/or improve the quality of Service.
- Conducts regular meetings to review the processes and or recent events related to the ITIL Practice(s), including writing meeting agendas and facilitating the sessions.
- Creatively directs the implementation of enhancements to the ServiceNow modules in support of improving the ITIL Practice(s)
- Defines KPIs associated with ITIL Practice(s) and prepares reporting, including management reports, to demonstrate the value of the practice(s).
- Trains, coaches, and mentors all support tiers in the ITIL Practice(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3+ years' experience managing ITSM and ITIL practices.
- Latest ITIL Foundation Certification
- Exceptional and broad knowledge of or experience with hardware, software, and or enterprise application support.
- Have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have advanced presentation skills and be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to support a myriad of standard services required across the Department.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) and related tools and technology required for the position.
- Latest ITIL Practitioner certification in the respective ITIL Practice(s).
- 3+ years' experience working directly in the respective ITIL Practice(s). Such as ServiceNow.
- ServiceNow Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Common Service Data Model (CSDM) Fundamentals
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.