- Manager let me know that he is open to reviewing local/hybrid and non-local/virtual candidates
- Digital Solution Architecture within Digital client IT organization, you will drive the strategic direction for Digital application development and delivery to the Cloud.
- This includes working with a small team of Solution architects, designing technology approaches that modernize our application stack and enabling our Agile teams to deliver with quality and speed.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, especially when it comes to the benefits and opportunities cloud infrastructure brings to an Enterprise.
- In this role, you'll be asked to provide in-depth technical expertise on decisions pertaining to a cloud migration.
- You'll partner with our Cyber, Enterprise & Modern Architecture and Infrastructure teams to enable flexible applications patterns driven by business use cases.
- Most importantly, you'll be an integral part of client technology strategy, partnering closely with our Product teams to translate business requirements into scalable, flexible and secure cloud solutions
- 4+ years technology architecture and/or leadership experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing, and leading web applications
- Leading Product teams to the Cloud (Terraform, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, Athena, EC2, EKS, EMR)
- Experience designing and delivering applications using AWS, Azure, SaaS
- Architecting complex Big Data/AI/ML Analytics product migrations to Cloud (AWS)
- Prior success as an engineering working on challenging problems and world class digital solutions
- Experience using Terraform (CI/CD) to ensure high quality and repeatable deliverables of software products, including delivery of infrastructure as code
- Architecting Enterprise-grade, highly available Products with Real-Time Streaming (Kafka)
- Proven ability to multi-task and contribute on several concurrent projects and initiatives
- Experience managing and coaching other IT Architects and Lead Engineers as well as peers
- Significant experience on multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Experience with externalizing APIs for 3rd party consumption
- BS / MS / PhD in in Computer Science, Math or related engineering fields or equivalent practical experience
- A Lead IT Architect provides leadership in technology strategy development, governance and architecture oversight in the planning and design of a whole technology domain.
- They develop technology strategies and ensure overall technology alignment with the business to meet their goals and objectives. Workers at this level solve the most complex problems, manage work and provide leadership to over technology domains, with wide latitude for complex designs, platform strategy and system integration decisions.
- They are expected to have advanced skills, work independently and be considered industry experts in their discipline or technology domain to provide architecture and industry guidance to IT architects, Technology Leads and management.
- They consult on strategic and highly complex projects and challenges.
- They are fully competent in design and Enterprise Architecture concepts and develop and maintain Enterprise Architecture standards and governance.
- They lead the business case development, identification and recommendation of opportunities for technologies that improve capabilities for our business partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 10 or more years experience in information technology systems or infrastructure design, implementation, and support or an equivalent combination of education and work experiences.
- In lieu of a degree, 14 years related business experience.
10 or more years experience in information technology systems or infrastructure design, implementation, and support.
Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
4 years of demonstrated experience in the role of IT Senior Architect or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- . 4 years of experience in the use of enterprise architecture methodologies with an extensive knowledge of system architecture practices and tools.
- 2 or more years of management experience in the IT field.
- Industry leading knowledge and demonstrated experience in enterprise architecture development for a specific architecture domain.
- Ability to work with very limited supervision in matrixed inter-business organizations and programs.
- Excellent analytical, consulting, change management and communication skills across large audiences and executive(officer-level) management.
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
If you have had any responsibility for or participation in judicial, administrative, regulatory or other oversight proceedings involving client or any of its affiliates, please identify the agency or department, the dates of your employment, and the nature of your responsibilities, including a list of any proceedings involving client or any of its affiliates.
Only answer this question if you have worked with the government or other agency involved with client oversight.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $59 - 69 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Accelerate client ability to Build & Migrate applications and workloads to the Cloud
- Work with a team of Digital Solution architects & CoP's/CoE's within client IT
- Architect and design C4 artifacts throughout the entire Digital space including Cloud, Web, Mobile, AI, API, SaaS, and COTS products
- Create technical designs (Activity Diagrams/Sequence Diagrams, API service specifications and message models) through a close partnership with Enterprise Architecture, Application Product teams, Infrastructure teams and other support teams across enterprise
- Provide technical leadership and guidance during development, testing and delivery of features
- Experience leading and influencing individuals at multiple levels, encouraging the establishment of high performing and self-sustaining cross-functional teams
- Review business and non-functional requirements to capture and understand project/product requirements
- Challenge the status quo to breakthrough legacy thought processes, and drive client technology forward to match best-in-class Cloud technology organizations
- Ability to be flexible and support any aspect of the Digital organization on demand, including product, development, delivery
- Knowledge of industry-leading application trends, and help development teams incorporate modern approaches into Digital application roadmaps
- Provide expertise and feedback into Agile Operating Model, ensuring that methodology enables all aspects of our technology strategy
- Ability to influence and guide product solutions with technology best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior level management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.