The AV Technical Support Specialist will coordinate, execute, and support the audiovisual requirements of executive, educational and routine meetings within a fast-paced customer-service-focused environment. This role will require great communication and attention to detail. The best candidate for this role holds their high school diploma or GED.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $84,000 - 87,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: High School
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, testing, operation, and tear down of audiovisual (AV) and videoconference (VTC) equipment;(e.g., video data projection systems, computers, audio- and videoconference equipment, video switchers, microphones, video cameras, audio systems, and operation of Integrated AV systems). Provide best effort assistance to fulfill any multimedia technical needs as
- Provide basic in room PC, laptop, email, wireless internet access and Power Point setup Coordinate with Client's IT Department for advanced support if required.
- Execute all aspects of videoconferences including call set up, end user training, troubleshooting, and follow through on escalation of
- Provide consultation and education to all levels of end users on presentation technology Troubleshoot AV and videoconferencing related technology (various projectors, control systems, audio and videoconferencing).
- Perform regular preventive maintenance checks (e.g., either report or address troubles such as cable management issues, safety standards noncompliance, ).
- Maintain conference room integrity and escalate housekeeping of technical issues outside of AV and conferencing technology and applications to appropriate
- Assist, as needed, with video production shoots, develop and maintain knowledge of video production equipment and processes.
- Maintain understanding of current and new
- Respond to and resolve Service Desk calls as escalated, including working with vendors to resolve complex problems.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.