Randstad Technologies has partnered with a top healthcare client who delivers unparalleled healthcare solutions for their customers. Our client's integrated healthcare system allows their employees to play an integral part in their mission to serve their customers and community. If you are interested in learning more please apply to the following role:
location: Pleasanton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $66.79 - 75.14 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Kaiser Permanente's Quality Services Program is looking for a senior accessibility tester with in-depth knowledge in the field of WCAG and ARIA to strengthen the accessibility of kp.org and other key platforms. The accessibility tester will work with squads to find WCAG 2.1 AA defects and partner with designers and developers to bring defects to resolution. This position will be responsible for supporting multiple scrum teams and will cooperate with the Digital Accessibility Program and other accessibility specialists. This is a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on the health of our patients with disabilities and the communities we serve by reducing the number of critical and high end WCAG 2.1 AA defects found in the software life cycle or in production. This is a fully remote 2-year contractor position.
- Find accessibility defects mapped to WCAG 2.1 AA and enter them into Jira.
- Work with Product Designers and Developers to bring defects to resolution.
- Coordinate with the central Digital Accessibility Team when they need assistance validating or prioritizing defects; and to communicate the status of accessibility defects in each iteration.
- Work closely with other accessibility specialists and the Design System Team to promote consistent accessibility guidance.
- 2+ years of accessibility testing experience
- Expert knowledge on ARIA
- Expert knowledge on WCAG 2.1 AA
- strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and Java-Script
- Experience/Expertise using shortcuts and keystrokes
- Experience testing with JAWS on Windows, and VoiceOver for iOS
- Ability to provide recommended defect fixes to developers with correct HTML/ARIA mark-up
- Understanding how people with disabilities use assistive technologies
- Proficient in writing good bug reports with clear repro steps, screenshots, user-impact, WCAG checkpoint failure and recommended fix
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, human computer interaction, or related field required
- Familiarity with axe core or Deque axe DevTools for HTML
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with agile web development processes, technologies, and tools
- Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS)
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- DHS Trusted Tester Certification
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks
- Lifelong learner
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Accuracy, reliability, and attention to detail
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.