Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer in Test to work in Fidelity's Charitable Group in Durham, NC.
As a Software Engineer in Test (SDET) you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve customer-facing software solutions. You will also be enabling your team in adopting test automation frameworks and standard methodologies to ensure we are building the right product the right way.
Fidelity Charitable is the brand name for the Fidelity® Charitable Gift Fund, an independent public charity, established in 1991 with the mission to further the American tradition of philanthropy by providing programs that make charitable giving simple and effective. Since 1991, Fidelity Charitable has helped donors support over 180,000 nonprofit organizations with more than $18 billion in grants.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about crafting the best end-to-end customer experience
- Owns the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
- Experience designing and building applications and using test automation frameworks
- Extensive experience working with Java and its ecosystem
- Passionate about Test Driven Development, developing robust software, writing testable and maintainable code
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative, pragmatic and results-oriented
- Has keen attention to detail and wants to solve problems, not just detect them
- Able to learn large software systems end-to-end quickly
- Keenly interested in learning new technologies and their adoption
- Able to work with remote and international team members.
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote accurate software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintain application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests, performance tests, scenario tests and interoperability tests
- Support the team in crafting reliable, portable, accurate and trustworthy tests, and in integrating them into CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Design and develop test automation for front-end applications and webservices using Groovy/Geb and Java/HttpClient
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.