Our client, one of the largest distributors of information technology, is in need of a Senior Manager of Software Development. This person will be responsible for managing large teams made up of both experienced professionals and managers as well as onshore and offshore teams. Will focus on policy and strategy implementation of operational plans and input into strategic decisions that impact functional areas. Prior development background in either .NET or Java is preferred.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manages large team which would typically consists of both experienced professionals and supervisors/managers.
- Focus on policy and strategy implementation of operational plans.
- Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex.
- Influences other outside of own job area regarding policies, process and procedures.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provide input in defining operation plans and strategies.
- Provides input into strategic decisions that impact functional area.
- Manages subordinate professional staff, may manage lower level associates through Supervisor/Manager.
- Works toward objectives established by upper levels of management.
- Will recommend and implement departmental specific procedures.
- Assignments are defined in terms of objectives.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect functional area of responsibility.
- Objectives for assigned area defined by upper management.
- Latitude to make decisions to achieve goals.
- Assists executives in defining operational plans and strategies.
- Managers at this level may become involved in day-to-day activities where their acquired expertise and knowledge provide direction to subordinates.
- Uses interpersonal skills to influence customers, suppliers and other comparable level managers.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.