Randstad Technologies is seeking an experienced IT Business Analyst for an excellent opportunity in the KC area. The BA will work closely with IT and business stakeholders at varying levels on a daily basis to analyze and synthesize information elicited in order to identify pain points, opportunities for improvement, and the corresponding business and solution requirements. The BA will act as a liaison between stakeholders and development teams to represent interests of the stakeholders, clarify requirements, and solve for identified gaps
An ideal candidate will take an enterprise view, thinking holistically across people, process, and technology with emphasis on people and process, as well as demonstrating strong analytical thinking, communication, leadership and influencing skills. Experience in working on multi-country, global implementations, with the ability to identify common requirements for multiple projects is highly desirable.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plan and facilitate workshops to identify and validate current processes and performs gap analysis to identify opportunities for standardization and process improvements.
- Lead requirements sessions using appropriate facilitation techniques such as interviews, requirements workshops, and focus groups to identify and validate requirements with IT and Business stakeholders.
- Deliver appropriate artifacts for assigned projects including process models, use cases, user stories, requirements packages, context diagrams, business rules, decision models, reporting requirements, and others as needed.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Facilitate enterprise analysis opportunity to identify business needs or problems, define the nature of a solution that meets that need, and justify the investment necessary to deliver a complete solution, including business architecture definition, identification of the work breakdown structure (WBS), and capital/operational cost estimations for the proposed solutions.
- Validate solutions to ensure it meets the business requirements and helps determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Acts as a liaison between business users and technical resources.
- 7 + years IT/IS business analysis experience.
- Ability to define current/future business models and identify process improvements.
- Ability to influence the interconnections between the business processes, technology, data, and people.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts to broad audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple sets of priorities and deliverables in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
- Excellent abilities in facilitation, active listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and foster deep relationships with business and IT teams.
- Ability to deal with complex situations holistically.
- Intuitively assess the best course of action to take in a given situation and understand how and when to apply guidelines.
- Extensive experience creating Use Cases and Business Process Models.
- Experience working on large and complex projects throughout the SDLC.
- Experience working on technology projects with one or more vendors.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience managing and working through organizational change.
- Experience working in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid methodologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.